Are tenants in Ballston required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Ballston to obtain renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters purchase renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the rental dwelling. A property owner’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Buying Tips & Suggestions
Find out why clients love our tiny family business.
a handy archive for property owners in Ballston
- Before you put a renter in your property in Ballston
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Ballston rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Ballston
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Ballston