Are tenants in Arlington required to purchase renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Arlington to pay for renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters purchase a renter's insurance policy to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the property from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
Meet Our Agents!
Local experienced agents ready to serve you!
a useful archive for landlords in Arlington
- Before you put a renter in your investment in Arlington
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds tenants
- Insurance matters for landlords using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Arlington property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Arlington
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Arlington