Are tenants in Port Royal required to obtain renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Port Royal to purchase renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters obtain renter’s insurance which pays for losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, tenant negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the tenant’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a free source for rental investors in Port Royal
- Before you put a renter in your rental in Port Royal
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Port Royal landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Port Royal
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Port Royal