Are renters in Cameron Homes required to pay for renter's insurance?
The Commonwealth of Virginia does not require that tenants in Cameron Homes to obtain renter’s insurance. However, our leases require that renters purchase renter’s insurance to cover losses of the tenant's personal property due to theft, fire, renter negligence, or if someone is injured at the property. A’s insurance policy protects the rental dwelling from loss, but not the renter’s personal property if it is damaged, destroyed or stolen. Please contact your insurance agent to let them know that you are putting your property into service.
a good reference for rental investors in Cameron Homes
- Before you move a tenant into your investment in Cameron Homes
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property manager handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Cameron Homes landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Cameron Homes
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Cameron Homes