What happens in Strasburg when the lease is over?
At the end of the lease term in Strasburg, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The rental owner could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the rental investor wishes to end the lease, or conclude our management services, please send us written notice as described in your property management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will usually create a new lease for a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the renter two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes circumstances arise that require a tenant to break the lease. When this happens, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the landlord. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to surrender the deposit but this is never a windfall for the rental investor. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the rental investment
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the tenant 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the rental owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the property owner paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental owner's name.
a good source for rental investors in Strasburg
- Before you rent out your investment in Strasburg
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During tenancy
- End of lease term and what happens when a renter breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Strasburg rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Strasburg
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Strasburg