What happens in Bryce Mountain Resort when the lease term ends?
At the end of the lease term in Bryce Mountain Resort, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The owner could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the landlord wishes to end the lease, or conclude our management services, please send us written notice as described in your management agreement.
When we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental investment producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will often create a new lease for a renter 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes things happen that require a tenant to break the lease. When this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the rental owner. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to surrender the deposit but this is never a windfall for the rental investor. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the rental property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon tenant move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the rental owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the landlord paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the landlord's name.
a handy source for property owners in Bryce Mountain Resort
- Before you move a tenant into your rental in Bryce Mountain Resort
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During tenancy
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the rental investor get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Bryce Mountain Resort landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Bryce Mountain Resort
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Bryce Mountain Resort