What happens in Fairfax_station when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease in Fairfax_station, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The landlord could choose not to renew the lease or the renter could choose to not to renew the lease. If the rental owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your rental management agreement.
When we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental property producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will typically create a new lease for a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes things happen which make a renter to end the lease before the lease term is over. When this happens, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the landlord. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new renter .
Readying the rental property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon tenant move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the landlord replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the landlord paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental investor's name.
a free source for property owners in Fairfax_station
- Before you move a tenant into your rental property in Fairfax_station
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Fairfax_station property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Fairfax_station
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your property
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Fairfax_station