What happens in Tuckahoe Park when the lease term ends?
At the end of the lease term in Tuckahoe Park, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The property owner could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the rental owner wishes to end the lease, or end our rental management services, please send us written notice as described in your management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your property producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will typically create a new lease for a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the renter two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes things happen which make a tenant to end the lease before the lease term is over. When this happens, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the owner. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the property owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the tenant 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the property owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the landlord paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental owner's name.
a useful reference for landlords in Tuckahoe Park
- Before you put a renter in your property in Tuckahoe Park
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the property owner get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Tuckahoe Park rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Tuckahoe Park
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Tuckahoe Park