What happens in Alcova Heights when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease in Alcova Heights, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The landlord could choose not to renew the lease or the renter could choose to not to renew the lease. If the property owner wishes to end the lease, or end our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your rental management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental investment producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will routinely create a new lease for a tenant 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the renter two options:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When renters break the lease
Sometimes things happen which make a tenant to end the lease before the lease term is over. If this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the owner. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the tenant to surrender the deposit but this is never a windfall for the rental owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new renter .
Readying the rental investment
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the landlord replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the property owner paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the landlord's name.
a free reference for landlords in Alcova Heights
- Before you put a renter in your rental property in Alcova Heights
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your property management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Alcova Heights landlord responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental property in Alcova Heights
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Alcova Heights