What happens in Ballston when the lease is over?
At the end of the lease in Ballston, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The owner could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the rental owner wishes to end the lease, or end our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your property producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will routinely create a new lease for a renter 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease term in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two choices:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the property up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes circumstances arise that require a tenant to end the lease before the lease term is over. When this happens, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the landlord. If a renter leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the tenant to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the property owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the rental property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the tenant 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the landlord replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the landlord paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental owner's name.
a free reference for landlords in Ballston
- Before you put a renter in your investment in Ballston
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your property manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt Realty finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Ballston owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Ballston
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Ballston