What happens in Alexandria when the lease ends?
At the end of the lease in Alexandria, either party can opt to end the tenancy. The rental investor could choose not to renew the lease or the tenant could choose to not to renew the lease. If the property owner wishes to end the lease, or conclude our property management services, please send us written notice as described in your rental management agreement.
If we don't receive such notice, we will strive to make choices that will keep your rental property producing the highest possible net income. This means that we will usually contact a renter 6 to 8 weeks before the end of the lease in order to renew the lease.
At that point we give the tenant two choices:
- Month-to-month --- This will include a large rent increase.
- Renew the lease --- This will lock the rental investment up for another year with a small rent increase.
When tenants break the lease
Sometimes circumstances arise which make a renter to break the lease. If this occures, Nesbitt Realty tries to minimize the impact of this event on the landlord. If a tenant leaves with little or no notice, this will surely cause the renter to lose the deposit but this is never a windfall for the property owner. That money is consumed by paying for vacancy and the cost of acquiring a new tenant .
Readying the rental property
We will have the carpet professional cleaned upon renter move-out and the actual cost of carpeting will be deducted from the renter 's security deposit, per your lease.
We recommend that the owner replace the carpet every 5 to 7 years. We recommend that the landlord paint every 5 to 7 years.
During vacancies we will either put the utilities in our name or in the rental investor's name.
a free reference for landlords in Alexandria
- Before you lease out your rental in Alexandria
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your rental manager handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for rental investors using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Alexandria rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Alexandria
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Alexandria