Managing interactions with a renter in Clear Brook
One of the primary duties that your property manager in Clear Brook performs is providing a level of separation between the tenant and the rental investor. The best practice is for the owner to deny any direct contact with the tenant. Important tip for rental investors: avoid sharing your contact information with the tenant.
Renters in Clear Brook will often ask to change rules, or ask for other special requests. The property management expert knows the lease and knows why the lease provisions are there in the first place. A renter can catch an uniformed property owner at a moment of weakness causing the property owner to give into a request that is against the owner's own interests.
The consequence of acceding to what appears to be simple request can be a disaster in the long run. Furthermore, once the tenant believes there is an opportunity to appeal, the tenant will appeal every question to the landlord, which cost the landlord time and effort.
Renters will use contact with the landlord to build a personal relationship with the rental investor. Personal feelings can make it much harder for the rental investor to make objective business decisions in a impersonal manner. Additionally, the tenant can hound or harass a rental investor at unreasonable hours or with unreasonable requests.
We're paid to be your defend the property owner's interests. It's harder to do that job when the tenant is going to ask the landlord to overrule our work.
a useful source for rental investors in Clear Brook
- Before you put a renter in your investment in Clear Brook
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the renter
- During the lease term
- End of tenancy and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your property management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Clear Brook rental investor responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Clear Brook
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental investment
- When owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting tenants in Clear Brook