We expect and train renters in Edinburg to pay rent on time. Nearly every renter we've ever managed has taken advantage of the grace period at some point during their lease, but we are very diligent about explaining that rent is due on the first day of the month. After the first day of the month, the lease allows for a grace period because sometimes unexpected events can cause the best laid plans to go wrong. If the tenant pays during the grace period, there is no fee charged to the renter.
If the renter pays late we collect a late fee to cover the additional costs this imposes on us. It's no more or less work to take one late rent check to the bank than to take a stack of timely checks to the bank.
It is in the best interest of both the renter and property owner to come to an agreement to avoid the cost, inconvenience, and time involved in the court process. An eviction can jeopardize a tenant’s ability to secure future housing and will impact their rental history and future rental references.
The best way to avoid an eviction process is to start with good renter screening and background checks. There is a process that can take a number of weeks to evict a renter. All evictions require a court hearing and an order signed by a judge. Because this process is lengthy, Nesbitt Realty is very swift to act when a tenant is even a day late.
a good reference for rental investors in Edinburg
- Before you put a renter in your rental property in Edinburg
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the landlord get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your management company handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds tenants
- Insurance matters for property owners using our rental management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Edinburg property owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your rental investment in Edinburg
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental property
- When landlords don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Edinburg