We are a family-run business.
Nesbitt Realty is a family-owned family-operated business serving Northern Virginia. As such we compete against some of biggest names in our industry and even in this highly competitive market we manage to succeed and have won numerous awards for client-satisfaction. We provide a turn-key solution that allows our owners to enjoy stress-free passive income with no work required. Our staff is experienced, professional and dedicated to managing every detail from leasing to maintenance to financial transactions.
Who uses our management services?
Nesbitt Realty is trusted by local homeowners as well as overseas and out-of-state homeowners. We work for real estate investors, and trusts, but most of our clients are just average people who need us to help them manage their property. Although some of our clients are genuinely wealthy and have us manage multiple properties that have no mortgages. Most of our clients are "mortgage landlords". A mortgage landlord needs the rental income to pay the mortgage. For many of these homeowners the property that we manage is may be the single largest investment interest in their life.
Many of our clients work in vocations that require them to travel or live elsewhere for extended periods of time. They are members of academia, the political class, foreign service and military.
Although many of our clients are local, our remote homeowners live out of state and across the country. We also manage properties for homeowners who live on the West Coast, in Hawaii and in various locations in Europe. For those home owners, we have established practices to keep in contact as needed.
A few of our landlords live and work in remote and possibly dangerous locations where communication is difficult and spotty. We manage properties for folks working out of Central Asia in and around war zones. We manage properties for landlords that live in Madagascar and Central Africa. Some of our landlords are military folks who put themselves in harm's way to protect our nation. Some of our clients do research work in remote wilderness locations.
For those who we cannot contact we have established practices and built a trust to keep the property we manage in production, producing income and keeping expenses to a minimum.
Winchester Property Management Resources
a useful archive for property owners in Winchester
- Before you lease out your property in Winchester
- Collections and evictions
- Communications with the tenant
- During the lease term
- End of lease term and what happens when a tenant breaks the lease
- How does the owner get paid?
- How your management company handles the association and your community
- How your rental manager handles utilities
- How Nesbitt finds renters
- Insurance matters for owners using our property management
- How Nesbitt Realty & Management manage keys
- Winchester owner responsibilities
- Maintenance, repairs & inspections for your property in Winchester
- The move-in inspection
- Property management information form
- Selling a 1031 tax exchange & more
- Starting our management of your rental
- When property owners don't yet know their new address
- Vetting renters in Winchester