Top Ranked in Client Satisfaction!
Real estate agents that care.
Why do our clients love us?
Locals trust us because we are a family-business that offers the same services as the big companies but with a small-town touch. We have been ranked by consumers and clients as one of the top real estate agencies in Northern Virginia.
Nesbitt Realty is a real estate brokerage licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia and the State of Maryland. Our agents serve clients throughout National Capital Region in Northern Virginia and Suburban Maryland.
Our brokerage is headquartered at "Condo Alexandria", an office condo located near the Potomac River in Fairfax County just outside Old Town Alexandria. Our primary business focus is on fine homes and condominiums in Alexandria, Arlington and Fairfax County. Nesbitt Realty helps clients like you to buy, sell and rent townhouses, single family residences as well as condominiums in Northern Virginia.
Nesbitt Realty has built a strong following among condo owners and real estate shoppers in Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax County, Falls Church and other areas of Northern Virginia. We serve buyers, sellers, renters, and landlords.
During the home buying process, I hope to make it as smooth and stress-free as I possibly can.
Real Estate Photography Tips
Exterior of House
- Move cars away from front and / or rear of house and close garage doors.
- Move trash cans and recycling bins inside or away from house.
- Remove newspapers from driveway and sweep leaves.
- Open deck furniture umbrellas, remove grill covers and put any deck cushions on furniture.
- Hide toys and sporting equipment in garage or storage containers.
Interior of House
- Turn on all interior lights and open all blinds. Make sure any burned out light bulbs have been replaced.
- Clean vertical surfaces that reflect light such as mirrors, refrigerators, windows, television screens, etc.
- Hide all pet beds, toys, bowls, etc. in a closet or storage container.
- Remove items other than non-religious framed art or decor hanging from walls.
- Keep in mind that items being moved from room to room will show in photos of other rooms, so please hide items in closets and / or storage areas that will not be photographed
- Clear off countertops
- Remove hanging dish towels and small area rugs.
- Hide garbage can along with pet food bowls, mats and other items.
- Make beds and be sure the mattress or any objects under the bed are not showing
- Hide all personal items such as books, phones, remotes, etc. (Tip: You can hide them under the pillows!)
- We suggest that personalized decor be removed from children’s rooms so their names and pictures don’t show in the photos which will go on the internet.
- Make it look as large as p0ssible by removing shoes, coats, throw rugs, etc.
- If dining area is small, remove extra leaves from tables to make the room look larger.
- Show off the woodwork on the table by removing protector, tablecloths or placemats.
- Remove extra dining chairs from the room so it doesn’t look overcrowded and smaller than it really is.
- Keep the floors as clear as possible to emphasize the beauty of any wood floors
- Make sure all televisions and computer monitors are turned off, and if portable hide from view
- Clear surfaces such as end tables and coffee tables of items that are not decorative, and hide all magazines, books, remotes, tissue boxes, etc.
Bathrooms / Powder Rooms
- Wash all mirrors. Even the smallest splatter mark is magnified in photos.
- Hide the trash can, toilet brush, bathmats and plunger.
- Remove family bath and hand towels. (Tip: Don’t forget to remove the robe hanging on the back of the door.) You can keep a clean decorative / nice towels hung neatly.
- Remove All toiletries from the counter and the shower/tub area, such as shampoo bottles, razors, toothbrushes, etc.
- Make sure the toilet paper roll isn’t empty or hanging down off the roll.
Finding the Perfect Rental Property
Every person may be defined as an individual, and as such we all have different wants and needs. This applies to all aspects of our lives but may be particularly frustrating while searching for a home. In the rental market, it is clear that one size does not fit all and being able to find the perfect property poses a serious challenge.
Adding to the challenge is the fact that occupancy rates and rents in desirable areas may be high, and it is often difficult to find a property that suits both your budget and your requirements. Even in areas where there are more available properties it might still be difficult to find something that ticks all the boxes.
Here are a few tips to take some of the stress out of the search:
Know Your Needs
You, as a potential renter, should be well-aware of your needs. Some people are simply looking for a place to eat, sleep and shower while others are looking for a lifestyle or a space that will accommodate various activities, such as working, entertaining and hobbies. Think about what the space needs to do for you and make a list of your specific requirements. For example, do you need built in kitchen appliances? Is a washer and dryer essential or is there a laundry nearby? Do you need easy access to the metro or do you need parking for a car? These are questions only you can answer. After you have answered these questions the best you can, you need to consider the all-important budget. What will your money get you and what are you prepared to sacrifice to stay within budget?
Remember when you assess your requirements to differentiate between wants and needs because, unfortunately, you will most likely have to make a compromise somewhere. Your needs are the things you cannot survive without and your wants are those little extras that make your life more comfortable but are not essential. Take your list of requirements and mark your wants and needs in different colors and then rank them in order of importance. Remember your needs are always more important than your wants.
Use Our Tools
Once you know what you need and you have a good idea of the basic features you are looking for, it is then time to turn to our website. The website is designed to give you a good idea of the cost and type of properties available in Northern Virginia and help you identify potential rental properties. This should hopefully take the frustration out of the search by enabling you to eliminate properties that do not meet your needs or budget.
Get Our Recommendations
Rental Agents cannot tell you what you need or which property to choose but they can give you invaluable advice. Once you have identified your requirements, contact our Rental Agents to help you find the right property. Clearly explain to the agent what you are searching for. Our agents know the area and the market; and if they know what you are looking for, they can probably take you directly to a property that ticks all the right boxes. [Read more about rental agents.]
In Northern Virginia, Nesbitt Realty & Management can provide you with property management solutions that help your properties operate smoothly, increase in desirability and enhance investment value. Property owners, investors and landlords across Northern Virginia rely on Nesbitt Realty achieve their goals of superior property management performance and profitability.
Whether your properties are single-family homes, condos, duplexes or townhouses, Nesbitt Realty will manager your property with most dedicated, full-time property managers. We know how to attract and retain desirable tenants.
Why don’t you find real estate using a local, small business that cares about your requirements?
For Sale In Northern VA
$570,000 : 6013 Dinwiddie St, Springfield 22150
5 beds, 2 full baths
Living area: 3,028 sqft
Year built: 1953
Days on Market: 1
$685,000 : 623 S Columbus St, Alexandria 22314
2 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 1,348 sqft
Year built: 1987
Days on Market: 6