Pinecrest Golf Course in Alexandria Virginia claims to be the best kept secret inside the beltway, and it just might be. Funded and fueled by the Fairfax County Park Authority, this intricate “challenging and narrow course” is nestled on the borders of Alexandria and Annandale.
The course is a par 35, with 9 executive holes, and 2,462 yards of open course. The field is speckled with hills and ponds that make it a great place to practice. The course presents an excellent balance for both novices and experts to collectively play in one setting. There is a putting green for practice, 10 driving cages, and a special indoor practice range. The Every Body Golf School offers semi-private group or private group lessons for anybody wanting to learn the sport on the course.
The facilities are very well maintained; there is a full service clubhouse, snack bar, and a shop. Naturally, there are golf clubs, carts, and pull carts available for players to rent. The staff is friendly and the course is very sanitary.
The course is open all year long (as long as weather conditions permit) and is located at the corner of Little River Turnpike (Route 236) and Braddock Road at 6600 Little River Turnpike, Alexandria, VA 22312.
Homes for Sale near Pinecrest Golf Course
The Potomac Riverboat Company operates several authentic split sternwheelers (also known as riverboats) on the Potomac River near Alexandria VA. They also operate a pair of watertaxis which ferry passengers from the Gaylord/National Harbor to Old Town Alexandria. Unlike most cruise companies in America, the Potomac Riverboat Company does not operate “restaurant boats”. Rather, they use their boats as touring and private party and or charter boats. When a vessel is chartered, whether you have a party of 2 or 200, the boat belongs exclusively to you.
The Potomac Riverboat Company offers a 40-minute narrated Seaport Cruise which plies the waters between two magnificent historic sites — Alexandria (in Virginia) and Georgetown (on the Washington, D.C. side of the river). Passengers are treated to riverborne views of America’s greatest monuments. They also offer a narrated cruise downriver to George Washington’s Mount Vernon Estate & Gardens.
Properties in Old Town Alexandria
- $988,500: 735 N Fayette St, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Braddock Lofts | Comparables |
- $1,099,000: 817 S Royal St, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Yates Gardens | Comparables |
- $675,000: 811 Jefferson St, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Old Town | Comparables |
- $895,000: 708 Catts Tavern Dr, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Old Town Greens | Comparables |
- $314,900: 501 Slaters Ln #906, Alexandria, VA 22314 | North Old Town | Comparables |
- $625,000: 525 N Fayette St #501, Alexandria, VA 22314 | The Henry | Comparables |
- $699,000: 400 Madison St #402, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Alexandria House | Comparables |
- $1,235,000: 639 S Saint Asaph St, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Old Town | Comparables |
- $649,000: 428 N Henry St #B, Alexandria, VA 22314 | Parker Gray Historic District | Comparables |
- $1,225,000: 708 Duke St, Alexandria, VA 22314 | St Johns Square | Comparables |
As a 52 plus acres of haven for wildlife, Jones Point Park is also the ideal place to take a stroll or have a picnic by the Potomac River, go bird watching and let your dog have fun. It is found near the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, southeast of Alexandria on the Potomac River.
80 Foot trees can be found at Jones Point Park where fall and spring birds nest during the migration season. A walk down the trail to the Potomac offers sights of water birds, bald eagles and waterfowl.
Jones Point Park offers:
- Picnic sites with picnic tables
- 2 Soccer fields
- Trails for walking and biking
- 2 Fishing piers structured over 2 ship ramps
- Ship dock north of the bridge by the river
- Garden plots for rent
Jones Point Park is owned by the National Park Service and managed by the Alexandria Department of Recreation, Parks ad Cultural Activities that preserves the 9000 years of human history.
Important Facts about Jones Point Park:
- Remains of the Jones Point Lighthouse from the 19th century and artifacts from the Native Americans and colonist from the early European settlers have been discovered here.
- Jones Point Park was an important shipbuilding site where remains of the shipbuilding site had been unearthed for visitors.
- Survey stones mark the original boundaries of District of Columbia as overseen by George Washington after 1790.
Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful. –Joshua J. Marine
West End Farmers Market is located at Ben Brenman Park, 4800 Brenman Park Drive
The market is open on Sundays, May through November from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Dates and times subject to change.
Sunday mornings, from May to November, the West End Farmers Market vendors set up their colorful displays in the south parking lot of Ben Brenman Park. This outdoor market is one of a kind in the city’s west end. Multiple vendors lay out:
- colorful displays of fresh
- locally grown
- in-season vegetables as well as sweet juicy berries, apples, pears, and seasonal peaches.