Mount Vernon Country Club
5111 Old Mill Road
Alexandria VA 22309
703 – 780 – 8700
A green oasis blanketed by the busy suburbs of southeast Fairfax County in Alexandria Virginia, Mount Vernon Country Club can be found on George Washington’s former farmland. Being accessible, Mount Vernon Country Club is 5 minutes from Fort Belvoir and 15 minutes away from Old Town Alexandria, Kingstowne and Lorton.
The club features an array of social activities for the whole family, a kid friendly swimming pool, a wide selection of dining facilities and an 18 hole championship golf course. It also caters to weddings, event catering, golf outings and other occasions.
Mount Vernon Country Club started out as a golf course and clubhouse on 100 acres of land in 1952 by Harry Dreisen. It then became Woodlawn Country Club in 1963, expanded in 1969 and was completed and renamed to Mount Vernon Country Club in 1993. The clubhouse was then renovated in 2004 for expansion.
Mount Vernon Country Club gives pride to its 18 hole championship golf course that provides 4 tee selections from 5,068 to 6,300 yards challenging golfers of all levels.
Virginia Golfer Magazine features Mount Vernon’s No.3 hole as the “Great Hole” in the state.
Reasons why golfers prefer to tee off at Mount Vernon Country Club:
- Friendliest club in Northern Virginia
- Men, Women and Juniors tournaments and leagues
- Tuesday and Friday eveni9ngs feature organized summer social plays
- Quiet woodland setting
- Novices through scratch golfers are welcomed
- A preferable walking course
- Practice facilities and Pro Shop with lesions by PGA professionals
- Speedy play- 4 hours and 10 minutes on Saturday mornings
- Weekend tee times and walk on during the week
- Equal playing privileges for both men and women
The Dining Facilities are managed by Executive Chef Frank Spencer Burke along with his team.
- Dining Room – The Perfect setting for an intimate and private dining experience also offering one of the best Sunday brunches in the area.
- Sam’s Place – Lined with windows overlooking the golf course while enjoying Pasta Night with made to order pasta
- Members’ Grill & Woodlawn Room – Place to relax or unwind with 2 HD TV’s that allow members to watch the latest PGA tournament and other sporting events. The menu includes specials, burgers, sandwiches, salads and entrees like pasta, fish or steaks.
- At the Turn Grill – A rush snack available upon calling in on the 9th tee so that it would be available when you make the turn on to the 10th.
- Barracuda Grill – offers salads, snacks, grilled Panini sandwiches and other treats while relaxing by the pool and watching the kids play.
Mount Vernon Country Club also boasts about their 25 meter competition quality pool with a wading pool for kids. Red Cross Lifeguards staff the Pool area providing professional service for users.
- Lounge Chairs
- Alfresco Gazebo
- Ping pong tables
- Barracuda Grill
The club also participates in the Dominion Country Club League for the youngsters who participate in other meets at other clubs in Northern Virginia.
A broad list of activities are offered at Mount Vernon Country Club such as Bridge, Gourmet Wine Dinner, Texas Hold’Em, Irish Pub Style Trivia Nights and Mom and Dad’s Night Out and so much more especially for the kids.
Homes for sale near Mount Vernon Country Club
$598,500 : 9227 Allwood Dr, Alexandria 22309
3 beds, 2 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 1,763 sq. ft.
Year built: 1958
Days on Market: 4
$875,000 : 5216 Old Mill Rd, Alexandria 22309
6 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 4,179 sq. ft.
Year built: 2019
Days on Market: 88
$799,700 : 8643 Woodward Ave, Alexandria 22309
4 beds, 4 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 5,438 sq. ft.
Year built: 2006
Days on Market: 235
$587,500 : 4003 Old Mill Rd, Alexandria 22309
5 beds, 2 full baths
Living area: 2,296 sq. ft.
Year built: 1925
Days on Market: 81
$878,500 : 4116 Ferry Landing Rd, Alexandria 22309
6 beds, 4 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 4,874 sq. ft.
Year built: 2011
Days on Market: 75
$1,775,000 : 9421 Ferry Landing Ct, Alexandria 22309
5 beds, 5 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 7,205 sq. ft.
Year built: 2013
Days on Market: 131
$529,810 : 4223 Sonia Ct, Alexandria 22309
3 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 2,068 sq. ft.
Year built: 2002
Days on Market: 223
$924,900 : 8913 Grist Mill Woods Ct, Alexandria 22309
6 beds, 4 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 6,329 sq. ft.
Year built: 2001
Days on Market: 54
$755,000 : 5201 Mount Vernon Memorial Hwy, Alexandria 22309
6 beds, 3 full baths
Living area: 3,283 sq. ft.
Year built: 1954
Days on Market: 95