- Tax benefits. The U.S. Tax Code lets you deduct the interest you pay on your mortgage, your property taxes, and some of the costs involved in buying a home.
- Appreciation. Historically, real estate has had a long-term, stable growth in value. In fact, median single-family existing-home sale prices have increased on average 5.2 percent each year from 1972 through 2014, according to the National Association of REALTORS®. The recent housing crisis has caused some to question the long-term value of real estate, but even in the most recent 10 years, which included quite a few very bad years for housing, values are still up 7.0 percent on a cumulative basis. In addition, the number of U.S. households is expected to rise 10 to15 percent over the next decade, creating continued high demand for housing.
- Equity. Money paid for rent is money that you’ll never see again, but mortgage payments let you build equity ownership interest in your home.
- Savings. Building equity in your home is a ready-made savings plan. And when you sell, you can generally take up to $250,000 ($500,000 for a married couple) as gain without owing any federal income tax.
- Predictability. Unlike rent, your fixed-rate mortgage payments don’t rise over the years so your housing costs may actually decline as you own the home longer. However, keep in mind that property taxes and insurance costs will likely increase.
- Freedom. The home is yours. You can decorate any way you want and choose the types of upgrades and new amenities that appeal to your lifestyle.
- Stability. Remaining in one neighborhood for several years allows you and your family time to build long-lasting relationships within the community. It also offers children the benefit of educational and social continuity.
$899,900 : 7508 Park Terrace Dr, Alexandria 22307
5 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 3,125 sq. ft.
Year built: 1964
Days on Market: 65
$385,000 : 2404 Mary Baldwin Dr, Alexandria 22307
3 beds, 3 full baths
Living area: 1,280 sq. ft.
Year built: 1953
Days on Market: 0
The Jamieson is located near the heart of Alexandria VA’s Carlyle District. The United States Patent and Trademark Office is right around the corner, as is the Albert V. Bryan U.S. Courthouse.
The Jamieson is situated near the heart of Carlyle District of Alexandria VA at 2050 Jamieson Ave in Alexandria VA 22314. Just around the corner, The United States Patent and Trademark Office can be found, as well as Albert V. Bryan U.S Courthouse. The Jamieson blends well in the Carlyle District. The Jamieson is within walking distance to a Jerry’s, and a 711. Jamieson condos are near Carlyle Towers and the Royalton condos. There is a Wholefoods grocery within walking distance of the Jamieson.
Though it isn’t out of place among the condos and homes in the Carlyle District surrounding it, there is something quite unique about the Jamieson that sets it apart from nearby condos. It is, after all, the only condo in the 22314 zip code that you can find located on top of a hotel. Yes. If you’re looking for the Jamieson, you can find it atop the Westin Alexandria Hotel. Hotel patrons do not have access to any parts of the Jamieson condos, but condo residents do have access to all the Jamieson amenities, including fitness, food and even cleaning services. Residents can even get discounted rooms for their guests.
Amenities of the building:
- Swimming Pool
- Reserved and Valet Parking
- Maid Service
- Rooftop Terrace
The units are designed with utmost quality to meet expectations within the Carlyle District. Rich, hardwood flooring in living and dining rooms, elegant and exquisite tile flooring in bathrooms and kitchens, granite countertops and vanities, stainless steel appliances along with expansive windows with breathtaking views can be enjoyed in units of Jamieson condominiums.
The building is unique, but the units themselves have the quality and details that shoppers in the Carlyle District have come to expect in most homes in this neighborhood:
- Rich, hardwood floors in living/dining rooms
- Elegant tile floors in bathrooms and kitchen
- Granite countertops and vanities
- Stainless steel appliances
- Reserved parking
- Expansive windows many with beautiful views
- The Jamieson is a luxury condominium with a remarkable location in Carlyle District
- Nearby is the King Street metro, just a short walk away
- The United State Patent and Trade Office (USPTO) is close to the Jamieson
Condos for sale at the Jamieson
$415,000 : 2050 Jamieson Ave #1311, Alexandria 22314
Sold on 2019-08-14
1 beds, 1 full baths
Living area: 760 sq. ft.
Year built: 2008
$432,500 : 2050 Jamieson Ave #1207, Alexandria 22314
Sold on 2019-07-31
1 beds, 1 full baths
Living area: 803 sq. ft.
Year built: 2008