1. A Trip Around the World — Impress your date by taking an impromptu trip around the world via Arlington’s international restaurants.
2. Skate & Sip — Treat your better half to an evening of ice skating and drinks in Arlington’s Ballston neighborhood. Start the date off at the MedStar Capitals Iceplex, home to the Stanley Cup Champs Washington Capitals. Order is important! Skate, then sip.
3. Spice It Up — Arlington has a number of providers who offer an array of themed cooking classes that are perfect for date nights and chefs of all experience levels.
4. Dinner & a Show — The Village at Shirlington impresses with tree-lined streets and brick sidewalks lined with cafes, bars and restaurants. Stroll through Shirlington to the Tony Award®-winning Signature Theatre, where you can watch everything from Broadway-style musicals to independent plays.
5. Coffee & Convo — Clarendon’s Northside Social Coffee & Wine Bar serves up beautiful lattes and fresh baked treats on its expansive patio, or check out East West Coffee & Wine, the area’s newest stop, for a quick drink in the midst of Clarendon nightlife. In Ballston, head to Republik Coffee Bar for some java in a charming courtyard with a water fountain after strolling through the neighborhood or enjoying dinner at nearby Ballston Quarter.
6. Drinks with a View — Arlington offers some of the best vantage points of D.C. and some top spots for taking in that view with a drink in hand. There are many options in Rosslyn then stroll over to the nearby Marine Corps War Memorial (Iwo Jima) with impressive views onto DC.
7. Picnic & Pictures — On a sunny day, make plans for a romantic picnic with a view. Make your way to the Netherlands Carillon 50-bell tower, which affords beautiful views of D.C. and the Potomac River and plays an automated concert every day at noon and at 6 p.m. Or, get active walking or biking on the Mount Vernon Trail, visiting Gravelly Point to watch planes fly overhead as you enjoy your picnic and views of the Potomac.