River Towers is in New Alexandria
New Alexandria is located in Fairfax County just south of the City of Alexandria. Old Town Alexandria was nearly fully developed before 1850 so when the city grew in the early 20th Century, development spread across Hunting Creek to New Alexandria. New Alexandria is younger than Old Town, but much of New Alexandria was developed in the 1920's and 1930's. By 1965 New Alexandria was nearly fully developed.
Belle Haven is one of the dominant topographical features of New Alexandria. Belle Haven is a neighborhood of stately homes on a rise overlooking the Belle Haven Country Club and the Potomac River. New Alexandria lies between Quander Road and the Potomac River and between Hunting Creek (or Rt. 1) and the Dyke Marsh. River Towers are found close to the Mount Vernon Trail and Belle View Shopping Center. River Towers is a green and serene oasis unique in Northern Virginia. The buildings are surrounded by 27 acres of woods and wetlands! The heart of the Old Town shopping district is just 3 minutes away. 3 minutes in the opposite direction is suburbia: Lowes, Target, Marshall’s, Outback, T.G.I. Fridays. Traffic in the area is relatively free from congestion.
New Alexandria is well-served by Fort Hunt Road and the George Washington Parkway. The neighborhood here is quiet with very little "cut-through" traffic, making it surprisingly close (time-wise) to Arlington and Washington DC.
- River Towers Real Estate SuprisesOctober 25, 2017
- 670 Sqft Home For Sale In Alexandria, Virginia For $125,000May 13, 2017
- Will Nesbitt: Sorting Most Compatible Tenants In Fairfax County From Bad ApplicantsAugust 16, 2019
- Would You Pay $168,900 For A 1 Bedroom Home In 22307?April 12, 2017
- $254,900 :: 3 Bedroom Property, 3 Days On Market In 22307May 26, 2018