Map of Williamsburg in Arlington VA
Find your dream home
Speak to an agent about Williamsburg real estate.
Call us at (703)765-0300.
Considering selling your real estate at Williamsburg in Arlington VA?
Everyday our family-run business competes against the biggest and most powerful names in real estate and every year of operation we have grown. This is because we know how to achieve our client's real estate goals and this is why we've won numerous awards for client-satisfaction.
Contact us for a no cost and no obligation assessment of your home's value.
The best way to update a property is to paint it. It’s a job that many sellers can do themselves.
Here are six suggestions for making the work go quickly.
- Move the furniture. Get as much furniture as possible out of the way, and then cover what’s left with plastic drop cloths held in place with masking tape.
- Buy good paint. Top-quality latex interior paint will hide what’s underneath and make the job go faster.
- Tape the edges. Taping the edges with painters tape will speed up the job and make the results more professional.
- Work top down. Paint the ceiling first, then the walls, then the windows and trim and finally the baseboards. This will cut down on time spent repairing drips and splatter marks.
- Cut in the corners. Applying a three-inch band of paint around the edges will allow you to fill in the middle with a paint roller.
- Apply paint generously. Trying to stretch the paint won’t save sellers any money if they have to repaint.
Source: Paint Quality Institute (09/21/2010)