Upscale colonial charm on the banks of the Potomac River in Alexandria VA
We define Old Town South as properties with a 22314 zip code that are found south of King Street in Old Town in Alexandria. Homes here have easy access to the Potomac River and several parks, the largest of these parks is at Jones Point.
If you're looking for something a little newer, the Carlyle area surrounding the USPTO is also south of King Street, inside the Beltway and in 22314. The Carlyle District is most definitely NOT Old Town. [Homes for Sale in Carlyle Area]
Property For Sale In Old Town Alexandria VA
Refresh This Search
Properties For Sale in Old Town South
Nesbitt Realty is your real estate resource in Northern Virginia.
Single-Family Residences For Sale in Old Town Alexandria VA
Townhouses For Sale in Old Town Alexandria VA
Condominiums For Sale in Old Town Alexandria VA
Considering selling your property in Old Town?
The best way to update a property is to paint it. It’s a job that many sellers can do themselves.
Here are six suggestions for making the work go quickly.
- Move the furniture. Get as much furniture as possible out of the way, and then cover what’s left with plastic drop cloths held in place with masking tape.
- Buy good paint. Top-quality latex interior paint will hide what’s underneath and make the job go faster.
- Tape the edges. Taping the edges with painters tape will speed up the job and make the results more professional.
- Work top down. Paint the ceiling first, then the walls, then the windows and trim and finally the baseboards. This will cut down on time spent repairing drips and splatter marks.
- Cut in the corners. Applying a three-inch band of paint around the edges will allow you to fill in the middle with a paint roller.
- Apply paint generously. Trying to stretch the paint won’t save sellers any money if they have to repaint.
Source: Paint Quality Institute (09/21/2010)