Find out why our clients love us. Call (703)765-0300.
Arlandria straddles the border between Arlington and Alexandria VA. Arlandia is just north of Del Ray at terminus of Mount Vernon Avenue.
Much of Arlandria was developed between 1940 and 1980, although some homes and structures are newer or older than this. This area was originally a neighborhood who residents worked in the industrial areas near Potomac Yards train center and nearby industries in Old Town and Crystal City.
Over the years, the economy of the National Capital Region changed and most of the heavy and even most of the light industrial companies moved elsewhere. Industry has been replaced by commerce, both retail and office, and the Arlandria neighborhood has changed as well.
Where residents in the old days might have turned wrenches at the Torpedo Factory or managed boxcar traffic at Potomac Yards, today's residents are much more likely to be technology consultants or legislative aids. The sturdy old brick duplexes and garden-style condos are still here, but most of these homes have had significant updates, improvements and renovations. In addition, in-fill development, knock-downs and new condos have filled out most of the remaining real estate in Arlandria.