When it comes to finding a perfect picnic spot, Arlington has a whole load of them that it is almost impossible to narrow it to only 5. But there are a few popular ones that you should definitely check out.
Gravelly Point–George Washington Parkway, Arlington, VA 22202
This is a unique local favorite mostly because people can watch planes take off from the nearby Reagan National Airport. The park also has bike trails, a soccer field, open grass, and picnic areas where you can enjoy the scenic views of DC and watch the planes. Bring your own chair or blanket for a perfect picnic.
Theodore Roosevelt Island–George Washington Memorial Parkway, northbound lanes between Roosevelt Bridge and Key Bridge
This is a tiny island that honors the 26th president of the USA. Other than the memorial, the island offers trails, wooded uplands, and scenic views of the Potomac. On one side of the island, there’s a great picnic spot where you can sit and listen to the tranquil water flowing in the Potomac while enjoying the stunning views of Georgetown.
Barcroft Park –4200 S. Four Mile Run Drive,
Barcroft Park offers everything you’d need in a public park including courts, ball fields, hiking trails, batting cages, playgrounds, of course, picnic areas with tables and charcoal grills.
Virginia Highlands Park-– 1600 S. Hayes Street, Arlington Va.
If you’d want a place to cool off on a hot summer day, there’s no better place than Virginia Highlands Park. Other than their spray park and picnic area, the park also offers a beach volleyball court, soccer fields, tennis courts, basketball court, etc. And that is not all! There are picnic tables that can be moved around in the splash area.
Bon Air Park Rose Garden–850 N Lexington St
This expansive 24-acre park also features a beautiful memorial rose garden that is often chosen as a wedding venue. They also have playgrounds, fields, trails, and picnic areas with charcoal grills.
Properties in Arlington County
- $320,000: 1400 S Edgewood St #526, Arlington, VA 22204 | Arlington Village | Comparables |
- $2,449,900: 3616 N Upland St, Arlington, VA 22207 | Country Club Hills | Comparables |
- $2,195,000: 3511 N Potomac St, Arlington, VA 22213 | Stoneleigh | Comparables |
- $684,900: 1101 S Arlington Ridge Rd #311, Arlington, VA 22202 | The Representative | Comparables |
- $549,900: 1040 S Edison St, Arlington, VA 22204 | Columbia Forest | Comparables |
- $489,000: 5073 9th St S, Arlington, VA 22204 | Arlington Run | Comparables |
- $749,000: 3800 Fairfax Dr #311, Arlington, VA 22203 | Tower Villas | Comparables |
- $1,995,000: 6537 36th St N, Arlington, VA 22213 | Minor Hill | Comparables |
- $1,799,000: 5105 26th Rd N, Arlington, VA 22207 | Milburn Terrace | Comparables |
- $3,100,000: 3717 27th St N, Arlington, VA 22207 | Riverwood | Comparables |
- $1,200,000: 1300 Crystal Dr #Ph14s, Arlington, VA 22202 | Crystal Gateway | Comparables |
- $399,900: 2100 Lee Hwy #447, Arlington, VA 22201 | Astoria | Comparables |
- $399,900: 4649 28th Rd S #A, Arlington, VA 22206 | The Arlington | Comparables |