Windgate Village is a quiet brick townhouse community located in South Arlington near Shirlington Village. Here are seven facts about the Windgate Village community.
- The Windgate Village was constructed from 1981 to 1983, inspired by the classic World War II-era garden courtyard developments
- The village consists of three different communities: Windgate I is located on Walter Reed Dr, and features 225 all-brick townhomes, Windgate II on S. Arlington Mill Dr and offers 172 townhomes, while Windgate III has 142 garden-style condos and 10 townhomes. That makes a total of 549 units!
- The units at Windgate Village come in various floor plans that range from 1 BR to 3 BR configurations with 1.5 to 3.5 baths and 622 to 1,568 square feet of living space.
- All homes come with a private terrace or deck as well as a fully appointed modern kitchen and wood-burning fireplace. A select few include finished basements as well as studios and standalone dining rooms.
- Onsite amenities at Windgate Village include an outdoor pool, a gazebo, BBQ area, two private tennis courts, and ample parking for residents and visitors.
- Windgate Village is within walking distance of the Village at Shirlington along with all its conveniences including shops, restaurants, bars, and entertainment joints. It is also near the Four Mile Run, as well as Jennie Dean Park and Allie S. Freed Park.
- Public schools that serve Windgate Village include Abingdon Elementary School, Gunston Middle School, and Wakefield High School.
Properties in Windgate