The City of Alexandria is knew for having the best restaurants in the nation with dining options ranging from freshly baked pastries, authentic Mexican food, gourmet seafood, amazing coffee shops and much more.
For the upcoming year 2020, the city will be welcoming these fourteen (14) new restaurants:
- Taqueria Picoso – the restaurant will be opened at the Shops at Mark Center at 1472 N. Beauregard Street in Alexandria’s West End. The restaurant will feature a vertical al pastor roaster and a tortilla making machine with Oaxaca Corn.
- Choong Man Chicken – to be located at the Shoppes at Summit Centre at 4700 King Street, the restaurant will specialize in spicy Korean chicken wings, snow chicken and Tikkudak fried chicken. Beer and Wine will also be available for purchase.
- Silver Diner – coming to the corner of King Street and N Beauregard Streets at 4610 King Street, the 6,600 square foot diner will serve dinner, lunch and breakfast as well as a full bar.
- Crafty Crab Seafood – located across from Red Lobster at 5770 Dow Avenue the former home of Portner Brewhouse , this seafood restaurant will offer menu options such as gumbo, seafood boils, fried seafood and other non fish options.
- El Saltado – this peruvian delicacy restaurant will be opened at 3616 King Street in the Bradlee Shopping Center.
- Hank & Mitzi’s Italian Kitchen – originally called Hank’s Pasta Bar this restaurant will feature pizza and shared plates, rustic entrees and classic Italian cocktails. The restaurant will be located at 600 Montgomery Street in Old Town North.
- Hinata Sushi Bar & Grill – the 2,200 square foot sushi restaurant will be located at 530 First Street Joining Street.
- St. Elmo’s Coffee Pub – St. Elmo’s will be opening at second location in Alexandria at 530 First Street in Old Town North. The restaurant will offer a variety of coffee drinks and freshly baked pastries as well as created breakfast and lunch options.
- French & Southern – to be located inside the new Hyatt Centric at 1625 King Street in Old Town. The restaurant will offer breakfast, lunch and dinner options with worldwide cuisines.
- Goodie’s Frozen Custard – to be located at 200 Commerce Street Goodie’s will be offering frozen custard, coffee and baked goods. Menu options will also include sundaes, shakes and floats.
- Mount Purrnon Cafe and Wine Bar – the restaurant will offer an adoption area for cats as well as menu options including fruit, baked pastries, wine, coffee and tea.
- The Handover – to be located at 728 King Street, this restaurant will provide a more casual set up called The King’s Ransom and a sit down restaurant style called The Handover.
- The Mill – this restaurant which will be located at 10 Duke Street will offer fine dining with a short order grill and a variety of Virginia craft beers and locally influenced food.
- Barca – set to open on the Waterfront, the venue will provide a fine dining restaurant and a cafe both overlooking the water and an open air seat concept.