The City of Alexandria is buzzing with holiday festivities and there is no greater place to show off all its festive glory than using social media. Residents of Alexandria have taken the beauty of the city to Instagram to show the world all the wonders of the City during the festive season.
Here are some of Alexandria’s Glory posted on Instagram:
- King Street’s Mile of Lights – take a stroll along King Street in Old Town and soak up the holiday magic from shining storefronts to buzzing eateries and don’t forget to bask in the twinkling lights on tree branches all the way up the King Street Mile.
- Wreaths and Door Decor Around Old Town – houses along 600 block of Princess Street, 200 block of N. Columbus Street and 100 block of S. Patrick Street is all filled with doors draped in garlands and festive holiday wreaths. House decorations in Old Town range from traditional to whimsical while keeping the historical aspect of the neighborhood alive.
- Market Square – the official Alexandria’s Holiday Tree creates a silhouette against the evening sky at the Alexandria’s Market Square. The beautiful architecture of the City Hall makes for the perfect backdrop for photos.
- Festive Storefronts and Greenery – the shops of Old Town provides the perfect scenery for festive decorations with its festive doorways and windows laden with bows, ribbons and wreaths.
- Window Murals – stores in Del Ray provide picturesque festivities with their hand painted window murals
- First Night Alexandria Celebrations – the absolutely amazing way to cap off another festive season in Alexandria is by spending time at the Annual First Night Alexandria which is held every New Years Eve. After a night of fun and live music residents can capture the magical moment as fireworks filled the sky at midnight.
The City of Alexandria is a magical place to enjoy holiday festivities and bask in the glory of beautiful and breathtaking holiday decorations.