Fairlington Community Center started as an elementary school in 1944 attended by children of defense workers who came to the capital region to help with World War II efforts. The Fairlington school was closed in 1979 and in its place came the Fairlington Community Center which attained its historic status in the late 1990s after being listed in the Virginia Landmarks Register in 1998 and the federal National Register of Historic Places in 1999. Set in the heart of Fairlington at 3308 S. Stafford Street Arlington, VA 22206, the majestic brick colonial-style building was renovated in 2007 and now draws a crowd of all ages who come to enjoy their many amenities. These include six multi-purpose rooms with capacities ranging from 6 to 95, a fitness center, art studios, a healthy vending machine, and public wifi. They also have outdoor amenities such as a playground, a basketball court, a fitness trail, a dog exercise area, an amphitheater, a rectangular field, and a gazebo with charcoal grills.
Charity W.View posts by Charity W.
Charity W. is a professional and skilled writer with a diploma in Mass Communication. When she is not glued to her computer screen, Charity spends her time reading, traveling, and watching movies. She is an expert on Arlington Virginia and keeps current with local events and occurrences.