Oktoberfest is a very popular time in the City of Alexandria. During Oktoberfest restaurants across Alexandria celebrate this time with four course food and beer pairings to stein hosting competitions to Dogtoberfest.
Here are some ways you can celebrate Oktoberfest in Alexandria:
- Take a Historic Breweries Tour – take a tour through Alexandria’s beer scene on the Alexandria Historic Breweries Tour. The tour which will be held on Sept 22 will capture 250 years of Alexandria’s brewing history by exploring alleyways, repurposed buildings, historic taverns and brewing artifacts. A post happy hour will be held after the tour.
- Bring Your Pup To Port City – Port City and Frolick Dogs Sports Club will be hosting a Dogtoberfest for pups. This Dogtoberfest will feature activities ranging from dog adoption to bulldog kissing booth to dog themed trivia. Food trucks for dogs and humans will also be on hand.
- Visit Oktoberfest themed Village Brauhaus – King Street’s Village Brauhaus is an Oktoberfest themed restaurants which serves cuisines from Germany and Austria. The restaurant will also offer seven styles of Oktoberfest beers. There will be live music, giveaways and Oktoberfest specials.
- Visit Arlandria’s Hops N’ Shine – Hops N’ Shine n Arlandria will host its very own Oktoberfest beer and moonshine party on Sept 21st. Guests can test their triceps and stomach strength with stein hosting and food eating contests.
- Celebrate with Port City Brewing Company – Port City Brewing Company will be hosting an outdoor party with their signature Oktoberfest lager brewed with German malt and hops. Enjoy your lager with Pizzeria Paradiso’s Neapolitan pies or fresh baked pretzels from Village Brauhaus. Release parties will be held at The Garden’s Del Ray and Carlyle’s Trademark Drink and Eat leading up to the party.
- Feast on German Cuisines – Visit Old House Cosmopolitan Grill for German and Bosnian Cuisines. Guests can enjoy cuisines such as schnitzel, goulash, spatzle or cevapcici sausage with desert of your choice.
Oktoberfest is a fun filled time to enjoy the local scene across Alexandria.