The Fairfax County Economic Development Authority (FCEDA) worked with a diverse group of 35 businesses in the second quarter of 2019 that announced the addition of nearly 3,000 jobs to the Fairfax County economy. A variety of industry sectors are represented by these companies and run from A to Z. From employment staffing company Aerotek to business process management software firm Zimpatica.
According to www.connectionnewspapers.com, “Aerotek, which bases its Fairfax County operations in the Fair Lakes area, announced it would create 413 more jobs in the county. Zimpatica, which is based in the Merrifield area, said it would add 10 jobs to the local economy.
- TekSystems, which specializes in information technology staffing services and bases local operations in the Merrifield area. It is adding 840 jobs.
- Inova Schar Cancer Institute, which opened in May in Merrifield is adding 500 jobs.
- EY, the multinational provider of advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services are adding 481 jobs based out of the Tysons office.
- OBXtek, a service-disabled veteran-owned business that provides technical and logistical services to government agencies is adding 100 jobs based out of the Tysons office.
- Caboose Brewing Company, which opened Caboose Commons in the Mosaic District of Merrifield created 95 jobs.
- Furnace Record Pressing, which manufactures vinyl records in the Alexandria area of the county – one of just a handful of such operations in the nation – is adding 26 jobs.”
Victor Hoskins, president, and CEO of the FCEDA said, “We want to continue to diversify the economy in order to withstand the next recession. Having companies in everything from IT to life sciences to manufacturing creating thousands of jobs will help us attract and retain a broad range of talent and continue to strengthen our economic base.”
As per www.connectionnewspapers.com, “Business growth and innovation help Fairfax County fund the nation’s top-rated school system and other public services that contribute to the quality of life of residents. Fairfax County offers businesses a state-of-the-art telecommunications infrastructure, access to global markets through Washington Dulles International Airport, a vibrant investment capital community, and a highly-skilled, well-educated workforce.”