Vienna and Fairfax County Officials are mulling over the possible partnership in order to make a municipal parking garage at Patrick Henry Library. Potential options have been outlined by Allison Terzigni of Fairfax County Capital Facilities, a division of the Department of Public Works and Environmental Services, for the 1.43-acre site at the Vienna Town Council’s Aug. 19 work session.
According to wtop.com, “Terzigni presented an evaluation by Grimm and Parker Architecture Inc., which featured three scenarios for the site’s redevelopment:
• Option A would use by-right zoning and build a two-story, 21,385-square-foot stand-alone library with 90 surface-parking spaces, but no additional ones for municipal use.
The next two options would entail a partnership between the town and county and use by-right zoning:
• Option B1 would build a 20,490-square-foot single-level library and an integrated 31,184-square-foot parking garage with 209 parking spaces (125 for the library and 84 municipal).
• Option B2 would be similar to Option B1 but have an extra layer of parking with a total of 313 spaces (125 for the library and 188 for the town). Option B2 would be 42 feet tall, 7 above Vienna’s 35-foot limit, and thus require a height variance from the town.”
Terzigni said, “County officials are examining both traditional designs for the library, which would use canopies and a series of smaller windows give the appearance of multiple storefronts, and modern designs featuring glass and metal cladding. Town leaders say they prefer traditional designs. Actual retail outlets on the site would not be feasible”.
As per wtop.com “Vienna leaders long have eyed the Patrick Henry Library site at 101 Maple Ave., E., for a garage because of the property’s central location. Town officials aim not only to provide additional public parking but also develop a sense of place and create synergy between the library and surrounding commercial and public uses.”
Properties in Vienna
- $890,000: 2410 Luckett Ave, Vienna, VA 22180 | Wedderburn Station | Comparables |
- $698,000: 404 Orleans Cir SW, Vienna, VA 22180 | Vienna Woods | Comparables |
- $750,000: 229 Manvell Rd SE, Vienna, VA 22180 | Vienna | Comparables |
- $1,540,000: 2451 Flint Hill Rd, Vienna, VA 22181 | Orchard View | Comparables |
- $575,000: 2730 Shawn Leigh Dr, Vienna, VA 22181 | Country Creek | Comparables |
- $1,699,900: 507 Delano Dr SE, Vienna, VA 22180 | East Vienna Woods | Comparables |
- $1,399,900: 409 Wolftrap Rd SE, Vienna, VA 22180 | Fairway Manor Estates | Comparables |
- $1,649,900: 2312 Trott Ave, Vienna, VA 22181 | Little Vienna Estates | Comparables |
- $885,000: 1218 Delta Glen Ct, Vienna, VA 22182 | Colvins Glen | Comparables |
- $1,324,900: 702 Ninovan Rd SE, Vienna, VA 22180 | Onondio | Comparables |
- $1,074,900: 10112 Garrett St, Vienna, VA 22181 | Little Vienna Estates | Comparables |
- $1,569,888: 1104 Drake St SW, Vienna, VA 22180 | Vienna Woods | Comparables |