Changing the appearance of your home can make a big difference in the way your home looks and feels. These six (6) small and budget friendly changes can make your house look and feel like new.
- Paint the interior of your home. This can make a total transformation in your home. A fresh coat of paint can turn any room from being boring and dull to bright and lively. Many homeowners may opt to do their own repainting but using a professional can save you time and give you greater results.
- Refinish the floors. Stay away from the high cost of replacing your hardwood floors by refinish your old floors. Refinishing your floors will create a new look to your floors while adding an extra protective layer.
- Paint the exterior of your home. The exterior of your home is the first thing a person sees, so why not liven it up and create more curb appeal with a fresh coat of paint. A hired professional will properly prepare the exterior for painting and will help you chose the best paint suited for your home.
- Power Wash your home and its surroundings. Using a power wash and give your windows, your deck and your driveway that brand new clean feeling. Power washing can be done on almost every surface and it will help to remove all the stains, dirt, grime, fungus and mold that may have been taking over your house.
- Change your front door. Your front doorway is the gateway to your place of solace and safety so change things up by upgrading your front door. Changing your front door can make your home seem more lively and bright from the outside.
- Do some landscaping. Hire a professional to help you to install some new landscaping. Having a well maintained lawn can improve your home’s curb appeal. Try landscaping during the spring and the fall when the temperatures are relatively cool.
Doing these simple inexpensive upgrades can make your “old” home look and feel brand new.