A nationally registered historic district with tree-lined streets and an eclectic assortment of mostly older homes, Waverly Hills is one of the most popular neighborhoods in Arlington.
It is located just about a mile from the Ballston Metro and is bounded by the busy Lee Highway to the north, North Utah Street to the east, Interstate 66 to the south, and North Glebe Road to the west.
Here are five reasons to love Waverly Hills:
- Walkable Community– Waverly Hills neighborhood is within a walking distance to several amenities including Ballston Metro station, Ballston shopping area, several stores, restaurants, a movie theater, parks, the Custis bike trail, libraries, and an ice rink. It is also a walking distance to Glebe Elementary, Washington-Lee High school, and Arlington Hospital Center.
- Easy Commute– Most of the residents in Waverly Hills use their vehicles as the main means of transport. They use the N Glebe Road which leads to nearby main roads, including Washington Boulevard, Fairfax Drive, Wilson Boulevard, Route 50, I-66 and Lee Highway. Located near the Ballston Station on the Orange and Silver lines, the community is served by both the Metro and Arlington County Transit (ART) buses.
- Sense of Community– The residents of Waverly Hills know and look out for each other. The Waverly Hills Civic Association organizes various community events throughout the year where neighbors can meet and get to know each other in a fun setting. One of these events is the springtime Easter Egg Hunt where the community meets at Woodstock Park. Besides these formal events, residents also meet for dinner or parties on a regular basis.
- Schools– Students living in Waverly Hills attend Glebe Elementary, Swanson Middle, and Washington-Lee and Yorktown High schools.
- Parks– The main park in Waverly Hills is the Woodstock Park at 2049 Woodstock St. It is a one-acre park that has picnic tables, a gazebo, a playground, and a basketball court.
Properties in Waverly Hills
6 beds, 3 full baths, 1,848 sqft living area
This listing is for a Duplex. It is one two bedroom, one bath unit. The second unit is four bedrooms and 2 baths. Both units are rented. The top unit of 2 bedrooms 1 bath, rents for $2200. The main unit of 4 bedrooms rents for $4200. Monthly income of $6400.
6 beds, 6 full, 1 half baths, 5,633 sqft living area
Enhanced Homes invites you to fully customize this 5,600 square foot, beautifully designed new build by architect Thomas French. Located in the heart of Waverly Hills on a large and incredibly deep flat lot with quick access to the Ballston Metro or Rt66. Features include 10 foot ceilings on the main, a full basement bar, a gourmet kitchen with a large breakfast nook and separate dining as well as multiple flex spaces throughout the home. Construction to start late Spring of 2020 with an expected delivery late in the year. Contact today for additional specs/finishes and learn more about working with Enhanced for your custom home.