Established in 1903, Barcroft is a quiet residential neighborhood located in Arlington, Virginia. Barcroft is bounded by Arlington Boulevard to the north, George Mason Drive to the east, Columbia Pike to the south and Four Mile Run to the west.
Barcroft neighborhood was named after the famous Civil War doctor, Dr. John Woolverton Barcroft, who owned the largest mill wheel in the east coast and also founded Lake Barcroft in Falls Church. Barcroft neighborhood consists of around 800 modest single-family homes and around 400 apartments. While the earliest homes in the area were built in 1892, most of the houses were built in the 1918 and 1950s. Architectural styles of most homes in the area include Colonial, American Four-Square, Gothic Revival and Craftsman-styles.
The historic Barcroft Community House, built in 1908 as a Methodist chapel, now serves the Barcroft residents as a meeting place and a venue for special community events. Other amenities enjoyed by the residents of Barcroft include the popular Barcroft Park and Barcroft Sports and Fitness Center. There are also several restaurants and a shopping center in the area.
Students living in Barcroft neighborhood attend Barcroft Elementary, Jefferson Middle School and Wakefield High.
Properties in Barcroft