As a landlord, you could do rental property management services yourself, or you could find a enthusiastic rental manager like us to manage your rental in the counties of Alexandria, Arlington, Fairfax and Falls Church.
Nesbitt Realty and Management is accountable for management services in 22307 details like:
- Suggestions for improvements to the rental property
- Tenant background investigations
- Showing the rental to applicants
- Processing rental applications
- Managing security deposits
There is one thing that we do for landlords that no landlord can do for himself: we provide a level of separation between you and your tenant. But the above is just a brief list of some of the many duties we perform. For a complete of what we do for our property owner clients, reach out to Will Nesbitt or read more here. Our small operation licensed by Virginia and we are REALTORS® We have these critical memberships: National Association of Residential Property Managers, Northern Virginia Association of Realtors, Better Business Bureau, and more.
If you’ve never used a property manager before, you’ll probably want to learn as much as possible about the process and what exactly property managers do. In the broadest sense, here’s what all property managers do (or promise to do):
- Collect the rents. Put the rents into an escrow account. Disburse funds to pay bills, income to the landlord and fees to the property management company.
- Keep a record of all money and receipts and furnish that record on a regular basis to the landlord.
- Deal with HOA/COA.
- Manage tenant relations including maintenance requests, late fee notices. Deal with a laundry list of tenant problems: unauthorized guests, unauthorized pets, parking issues, tenant cleanliness, noise violations, neighbor complaints, etc. If necessary we manage the process of prosecuting actions to evict Tenants.
- Ensure compliance with state laws, local ordinances, licensing requirements, association rules, Fair Housing laws, insurance requirements, IRS requirements.
- Manage and dispatch handymen as needed.
- Inspect the property at the time of move-in at the time of move-out and from time-to-time during tenancy.
Money in general does not flow from the landlord to the property manager. Money flows from the tenant to the property manager to the landlord. Fees and commissions are withheld from collected rents.
Our standard agreement is a one year term, but either party can terminate the arrangement with 30 days notice.
The next step is to learn a little more about what differentiates us from other property managers.