The City of Alexandria has so much to offer for a great summer vacation for not only visitors but for residents. Alexandria Living Magazine is giving residents a chance to enjoy all the City has to offer through their staycation promotions. This staycation allows residents to enjoy all the amenities of Alexandria without the hassle of long traveling while giving support to local businesses. There are several places to go and things to do in Alexandria during the summer especially when traveling with kids.
Here are a few suggestions of kids friendly activities to do during Alexandria’s staycation summer:
- Plan a visit to George Washington Mount Vernon Estate. This historic property located at 3200 Mt. Vernon Hwy takes you back in time with live demonstrations, interactive exhibits, gardens, farm animals and walking and biking trails.
- Take a water taxi courtesy of The Potomac Riverboat Co. Explore the Potomac Waterfront with a ride on the water taxi. The water taxi is located behind the Torpedo Factory and it offers sightseeing tours.
- Enjoy a bike ride. Pedego Electric Bikes offer a convenient way to explore Alexandria through their bicycle tours. Some of these tours include Cherry Blossom rides, biking to Mount Vernon Estate and biking to National Mall and major monuments. The company offers tandem bicycles, tricycles and bicycles with safety seats for kids.
- Visit Cameron Regional Park. Located at 4001 Eisenhower Avenue this park offers kids the opportunity to have fun on the water slides and the pool. The park also offers batting cages and miniature golf.
- Play At Scramble. Enjoy playing at this European-style play space for kids located at 5412 Eisenhower Avenue. The space features a large play structure with slides, a padded sports court and little kid play areas.
Properties in Alexandria