Your best choice is not necessarily flamboyant, and is not necessarily the one related to you. The dream real estate agent for you is more concerned with your needs than the licensed real estate adviser’s needs, and can think creatively to make the deal happen.
Each purchase transaction has unique hurdles to overcome. Some purchasers are moving in from out of state. Some buyer clients love traditionals-style homes. Others do not. Some purchasers need 2 bedrooms. Just as home buyers are different, Realtors have different personality traits and experiences.
Here’s how to shop the best Realtor for you when you’re purchasing in 22312:
- Check out licensed real estate adviser referrals. — Nsbitt Realty likes Angie’s List because Angie’s List voice verifies each review. You can also see if the agent or brokerage has any awards for client satisfaction.
- Speak with a few Realtors — There is no one-size-fits-all. Nesbitt Realty knows that we’re not the real estate agent for every home shopper. You sometimes need to see the home you don’t want to buy to feel comfortable with the home you will acquire. It’s the same with Realtors.
- Your Realtor should be someone you won’t mind spending some time with. — You want a real estate pro that “gets you”. You and your real estate professional might be spending a lot of time together.
- Ask the potential real estate professional how they search for homes. — When selecting a Realtor, ask how they identify units. Some licensed real estate advisers have their own preferred listings that they favor. But you want what’s right for you, not what’s most suitable for your agent. So make sure the real estate professional is willing to search high and low to find the best unit for you. That includes using the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own personal network.
- Read paperwork carefully. — The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all licensed agents to sign a representation agreement before showing properties or having material discussions about a specific place of residence. Be very wary of any agent that is not concerned about getting a representation agreement signed. A representation agreement describes the agent’s responsibilities and your obligations when a real estate agent shows you a unit in the City of Alexandria. This advice is heavily used for a reason.
If you want a real estate ace in 22312, you owe it to yourself to chat with Will Nesbitt. We believe you’ll find that Will Nesbitt is thorough and results-driven.
Will Nesbitt always says, “It’s fun work hard for my clients.