So, you’re thinking about buying your first home in Arlington. Awesome!!
Buying a home in Arlington is a big deal both literally and figuratively. It requires a serious amount of money and time. The journey can be exhausting and frustrating. But, don’t worry here is a step by step process that can help you get the keys to your new home in Arlington.
- Do Your Homework- Before jumping into open houses in Arlington, write a list of what you want. You will need to decide on the price, housing type, neighborhood, school district, etc.
- Start Shopping- Once you know what you are looking for, its time to start looking at listings and housing information in Arlington online.
- Get a Great Agent in Arlington- Your relationship with your agent is fundamental in your home-buying process. You will be relying mostly on their expertise throughout the journey. That’s why it is important to interview agents and get the one that’s right for your specific needs.
- Choose a Lender- Once you’ve found your agent, ask them to recommend at least three mortgage lenders that meet your financial needs.
- Get a Loan- Once you’ve picked a lender, you’ll work with your loan agent to determine the best mortgage for you. Decide on the percentage of your income that you want to spend on your new home in Arlington and provide the required paperwork showing proof of income, employment status, and other important documents.
- Visit Open Houses, and Look Around- Now that you’ve got both an agent and a lender, it’s time to start viewing homes in Arlington. Your agent will provide listings you may like based on your parameters, and will also determine the quality of the listings you found online. Open houses and private showings will allow you to evaluate properties in a way you can’t do online.
- Make an Offer-When you find a home you like in Arlington, you’ll work with your agent to draft an offer that not only specifies the price you are willing to buy, but also the proposed settlement date and contingencies.
- Negotiate- Making an offer can be stressful. While some home sellers in Arlington simply accept the best offer they receive, others make a counteroffer. If that happens, you will have to decide whether you want your agent to negotiate with the seller or walk away.
- Get the House Inspected- If your offer is accepted, then you will sign a contract. Most sales contract include a house inspection contingency. This means that you’ll have to hire a licensed or certified home inspector to inspect for needed repairs and then ask the seller to have the repairs made. Here’s more about home inspection.
- Ace the Appraisal- When you offer to buy a home in Arlington, your lender will need to have the home appraised to make sure the property value is enough to cover the mortgage. If the home appraises close to the agreed-upon purchase price, then you’re one step closer to settlement.
- Close the Deal- In this settlement process, you will need to sign the final ownership and insurance paperwork and make the entire thing official. Settlement or closing is the last stage of the home-buying process in Arlington.
Properties in Arlington County
Stunning completely renovated single family home on a corner lot. First level features hardwood flooring throughout and tons of natural light. The gourmet kitchen has an open concept living space with a huge island, stainless steel appliances ... [Read more]
OPEN 9/14 and 9/15 from 1-3PM LOW interest rates ...buy NOW! This is THE best value for MOVE IN condition home in ARLINGTON! Updated and renovated single-family on a large lot has both beauty and charm! OVER 3,000 sq. ft. of living- this ... [Read more]
Beautiful expanded colonial in Arlington Forest! Hardwood floors throughout the entire main and upper levels. Home features a main level bedroom, full bathroom and an expanded kitchen perfect for entertainers! 2 sinks and 2 dishwashers, mini ... [Read more]
Spacious 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom unit at the Continental in Ballston! Steps to all of the new restaurants and shops at Ballston Quarter and the metro. Nice unit on the 14th floor with upgraded hardwood floors, open concept floor plan, stainless ... [Read more]
Breathtaking new construction home in sought after Bellevue Forest! 2-story family room with floor-to-ceiling windows, walk-out Trex deck, and full wall stone fireplace. Gourmet kitchen with marble counter tops, stainless steel appliances, and ... [Read more]
Charming end-unit townhome in Ballston Mews! Fully upgraded on 3 levels with an open floor plan concept. Gourmet kitchen with stainless steel appliances, white cabinets and a custom backsplash. Charming built-in shelving, plantation shutters, ... [Read more]
Spacious 1 bedroom unit at The Atrium! Nice layout with living/dining space, updated kitchen with stainless steel appliances, updated countertops. Master bedroom features multiple closets and luxurious master bath with double vanity, soaking ... [Read more]
Charming 3BR/2.5BA stone and brick Cape Cod in Ashton Heights! Sunny and bright new kitchen with granite counters, white cabinets, subway tile and stainless steel appliances! Expansive living room with wood burning fireplace! Main-level sun ... [Read more]
Mark your calendars for a doubleheader open house weekend, September 14th and 15th, 2-4 PM, to tour this sophisticated Condo. All offers due Monday, September 16th at 6 PM. Located in the heart of the bustling Courthouse/Rosslyn orange line ... [Read more]
Charming Clarendon l model townhome in Fairlington Glen! This home features 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, & a RARE attic with dormer window over 3 living levels. The light filled main living level is accented with wood flooring & a a separate dining ... [Read more]
**Open House Sunday (9/15) from 1 to 4 pm*****Deceptively large, renovated, expanded Cape on 9,000 sq.ft. level lot near shops, restaurants, parks, bikepath, Ballston Quarter. ****************************************Rare main level master BR & ... [Read more]
Masterful design with modern touches are uniquely embodied in this 2 bedroom 2.5 bath condo with a 1,275sq wraparound the neighborhood of N Rolfe St. This one-of-a-kind property built in 1985, is sheathed in high-performance, quality materials. ... [Read more]
Rarely available Potomac Place Townhome for Sale. This Move-in ready 4 level home features Stainless Steel Appliances, Granite Counters, Hardwood Floors and 2 Outdoor Spaces. Main level with gleaming bamboo hardwood floors throughout, ... [Read more]
Better than new construction, in this home you are sure to enjoy the gourmet kitchen with many high end finishes, Wolf double oven 6 burner stove hood exhaust. Upper cabinets go to the ceiling and wrap around entire kitchen. The over sized ... [Read more]
Price Reduction***Fixer Upper on quiet dead end street. The home needs work to restore it. Main level living room, dining room, bedrooms, bath and kitchen . Three bedrooms one bath up, lower level with high ceilings and loads of space. Property ... [Read more]