I’m Julie Nesbitt.
I like 9313 Old Mansion Rd. This house in 22309 in Alexandria looks like a good value for several reasons. However, I’m not recommending you buy this property in particular. That’s because, until I know your goals there is no way for me to know if this is the right home for you.
Let’s pause to sort through your concerns so that you can realistically determine if buying a 4-bedroom 3-baths home in Northern Virginia is for you. Have you taken the time to list and prioritize what you want from a home in Alexandria? There are many options to think about. For example:
- Do you want upgraded features? Do you like SS appliances, granite counters, dual pane windows? Do you want a “green” home? Do you prefer a handyman special?
- Do you need to think about resale value? Do you know what property have sold for in Riverwood? Here’s what has Recently sold at Riverwood.
- Do you have specific paint colors? Or, do you want to paint and pick your own colors?
- Does the hot-water heater matter to you? Do you prefer gas or electric? The most common hot-water heater at Riverwood is natural gas.
- Do you like brick house? Do you prefer brick or siding? What type of siding?
Aerial view of the Alexandria waterfront ca. 1930. Landmarks include the Torpedo Factory, the Alexandria Fertilizer and Chemical Company (trestle wharf) and Smoot Company buildings (far right). The Alexandria National Cemetery is visible as is Cameron Run and the shores of New Alexandria / Belle Haven. The waterfront in this image is practically devoid of shopping.