The great licensed real estate adviser for you may have less experience, and might not have a brand new car. The most suitable real estate agent in Northern Virginia fully comprehends real estate listed for sale in 22015 in Fairfax County, and understands how to work with the budget you establish.
Each purchase transaction has unique hurdles to overcome. Some property hunters love Farm House-style homes. Others do not. Some buyers love the fact that Nesbitt Realty will rebate them $2,404 when they use me to purchase 9678 Woodhenge Ct. (Others couldn't care less.) Some buyers don't plan on selling. Others need to move in 4 years. Realtors are like shoppers, Realtors have different expertise and experiences.
Here's my words to the wise for digging up the best choice of real estate professional for you when you're buying a townhouse like 9678 Woodhenge Ct with 0 sqft of living space:
- Check out real estate agent referrals. — I like Angie’s List because I know that Angie’s List voice verifies each review. You can also see if the agent or brokerage has any awards for client satisfaction.
- Take a minute to talk to a couple of agents — The Realtor should have time to talk to you. If you pick the most popular licensed real estate adviser in Burke, you might find yourself working with a junior associate affiliated with that real estate pro. I once saw a statistic that 84% of purchasers in Northern Virginia choose the first licensed real estate adviser they contact. This means one of two things. Either most people are choosing wisely the first time, or they're just rushing into things without considering the choices. Probably a little of both.
- It's important that you get along well with your licensed real estate adviser. — You want a agent that “gets you”. We all have unique personalities, and that's the way it should be. But when working with someone professionally, if helps if their personality “meshes” well with your own.
- Ask the real estate professional his/her process for finding townhouses. — When picking a Realtor, ask how they identify townhouses. Some real estate pros have their own preferred listings that they favor. But you want what’s ideal for you, not what’s perfect for your Realtor. So make sure the licensed real estate adviser is willing to search high and low to find the perfect place for you. That includes using the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own personal network.
- Read paperwork carefully. — The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all licensed agents to sign a representation agreement before showing properties or having material discussions about a specific townhouse. Be very wary of any agent that is not concerned about getting a representation agreement signed. A representation agreement describes the agent's responsibilities and your obligations when a real estate agent shows you a residence in Fairfax County. It's critical that you examine all documents during the home buying process, and that includes your agent's representation agreement.
I’m a local expert on Northern Virginia real estate. Our real estate agents appreciate the opportunity to be of service. Thanks for considering us to get the job done.