Your best choice in Prince William County might work for a family business (or a Fortune-400 company), and is not necessarily flamboyant. Your best choice doesn’t get hurt feelings if you have a different opinion, is one who listens to you, and is more concerned with your needs than the agent’s needs.
Each home buyer has individual needs. Some buyers love the fact that Nesbitt Realty will rebate them $853 when they use me to purchase 3362 Ladino Ct. (Others couldn’t care less.) Some buyers have a large down-payment.Some buyers don’t plan on selling. Others need to move in 4 years. Every buyer is an individual; in the same way, Realtors have different specialties and persistence.
Here’s some best practices for selecting the agent for you when your purchasing in 22193:
- Check out agent referrals. — I like Angie’s List because I know that Angie’s List voice verifies each review. You can also see if the agent or brokerage has any awards for client satisfaction.
- Take a minute to talk to a couple of real estate agents — The agent you should should have time to talk to you. If you pick the most popular agent in town, you might find yourself working with a junior associate affiliated with that agent. The agent you choose should be able to clearly understand your needs.
- Your agent should never have an irritating personality. — We all have unique personalities, and that’s the way it should be. But when working with someone professionally, if helps if their personality “meshes” well with your own.You and your agent might be spending a lot of time together.
- Ask the agent his/her process for finding townhouses. — When choosing a realtor, ask how they search for homes. Some agents have their own preferred listings that they favor. But you want what’s best for you, not what’s best for your agent. So make sure the agent is willing to search high and low to find the best home for you. That includes using the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) as well as their own personal network.
- Find out more about your representation agreement. — The Commonwealth of Virginia requires all agents to sign a representation agreement before showing properties or having material discussions about a specific property. Be very wary of any agent that is no concerned about getting a representation agreement signed. Some representation agreements describe hidden administrative fees of $500 to $1000 that you must pay at closing. (Our does not.) This advice is heavily used for a reason.
I’ll go above and beyond to achieve your real estate dreams. To learn more about 3362 Ladino Ct or any townhouse for sale in Woodbridge Virginia, contact me. I’m Julie Nesbitt and I appreciate the opportunity.