Are you considering renting in Northern Virginia? With remarkably low interest rates, perhaps you should consider buying? Here are 5 solid reasons that buying is better than renting.
- Be your own landlord. The landlord picks the paint colors. The landlord decides whether pets or smoking is allowed. If you are the landlord, you make the decisions. And you decide whether to extend your lease or not.
- Paying the principal is forced savings. Everyone knows that paying off a mortgage is better than paying rent forever.
- Fixed-rate mortgages never rise – and eventually you pay them off. With mortgage rates at record lows, people who buy now are locking in real bargains.
- Good schools. Family-sized rentals are harder to come by in areas with excellent public schools.
- Spacious properties in pleasant neighborhoods. Sizable homes in attractive communities are almost always owned – not rented.
What exactly Does a Realtor Do?
Law requires realtors to:
- Perform certain mandatory and standard acts to help out with the purchase or sale of real estate.
- Properly account for the money or alternative property placed in her or his attention.
- Disclose untoward material facts that are, or should be, inside the broker’s knowledge.
Sellers can be assisted by Realtors in screening prospective buyers and preparing their homes. Realtors can demonstrate to investors the properties that meet their risk profiles and long-term investment strategies.
Nesbitt Realty can quickly locate the perfect home for you. Our agents can efficiently organize and coordinate meetings with sellers and potential buyers. A Nesbitt Realty Realtor is well acquainted with all the important things you’ll want to learn about the area you may be considering:
- the quality of schools,
- association fees,
- Metro availability,
- community amenities such as shops, parks and restaurants.
Our brokers have immediate use of homes when they are put on the market, saving you hours of wasted drive-around time. When you’re prepared to make an offer on a house, our Realtor will help structure the deal to help you save money. She or he will clarify the pros and cons of different types of mortgages and guide you through the piles of paperwork.For more information or to set up an appointment call Stuart at (703)765-0300.