In the past, we would think that living near golf courses or rather just playing golf would be for the retired, business men or the elderly. But in our world today, golf courses are enjoyed by not only the retirees, older couples or active adults, but by young couples, singles and families with children. As a matter of fact, this all depends on the personality of the person who can enjoy a nature filled playing environment with a relaxed scenario and a challenging game.
Those living in golf course communities can tell you the benefits they get from having a golf course as their front or back yard. They can hit the course whenever they want without having to travel or relax with a quiet game right after work. Such communities are now expanding adding swimming pools, spas, fitness centers, convenient stores or pro shops and clubhouses. These facilities can be enjoyed by the whole family together without having to go an extra mile. Aside from that, activities and programs are always available for kids of all ages, young adults and their parents. Neighbors can get to know each other better, tighten their circle of friendship and just simply enjoy the community of active, friendly and like minded people.
Such golf course communities are kept private, gated and secure assuring peace and order in the community unlike others. One would not require playing golf to just appreciate the quality of living in these communities. Some golf communities have certain restrictions when it comes to public access to ensure that homeowners aren’t crowded out on the course.
Golf course communities aren’t limited to only the wealthy but there are many types of golf course homes that can fit into an affordable price range while taking advantage of the many facilities and activities of the community for the entire family.
Click here to learn more about these popular and attractive golf course communities and the homes available in the area:
- Lauren Hill Golf Club in Lorton
- Penderbrook Golf Club in the Penderbrook Community of Fairfax
- Reston National Golf Course in Reston
- Hidden Creek Golf Course in Reston
- International Country Club in Fairfax
- Oak Marr Golf Course in Oakton
- Chantilly National Golf Course and Country Club in Centerville
- Twin Lakes in Clifton
- Burke Lake Golf in Fairfax Station
- Westwood Country Club in Vienna
- Jefferson District Park and Golf Course in Falls Church
- Pinecrest Golf Course in Alexandria
- Hilltop Golf Club in Alexandria
- Mount Vernon Country Club in Alexandria
- Washington Golf and Country Club in Arlington
- Army Navy Country Club in Arlington and Fairfax
- Greendale Golf Courses in Alexandria