Are you thinking about spending $1,265,000 on waterfront real estate in Alexandria VA? Robinson Landing is now in pre-construction. Nesbitt Realty represents buyers (at no extra cost) who want an advocate when dealing with a builder.
Featured From Fort Hunt
$829,000 : 8008 Fort Hunt Rd, Alexandria 22308
4 beds, 3 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 3,035 sq. ft.
Lot size: 6,164 sq. ft.
Year built: 2017
Days on Market: 47
We rebate money to our buyer clients so they can save money when they purchase.
Featured From Del Ray
$1,195,000 : 214 Bellefonte Ave, Alexandria 22301
4 beds, 4 full, 1 half baths
Living area: 3,124 sq. ft.
Lot size: 5,750 sq. ft.
Year built: 1925
Days on Market: 2
We constantly update our image library to current with the latest real estate developments in Alexandria VA.
The Orange Line Metro runs through Arlington from Rosslyn to Ballston. We’ve seen nearby houses list for $1,574,895, but this to-be-constructed property is only $1,499,900.
Four Mile Run. The Townes of Shirlington offer modern all brick designed and spacious townhomes with 3 different floorplans to choose from:
The Townes of Shirlington highlights an all brick exterior with brass door knockers and brass door kick plate at the front door that have been built to exact commercial standards. Well landscaped with benches at the common area compliments the townhomes.
The Townes of Shirlington is equipped with energy efficient features such as insulated fiberglass for the front door and double pane windows with grid inserts and screens, central air conditioning, 50 gallon gas water heater and gas cooking and Trane dual zoned gas furnaces including R-9 and R-30 insulation for the ceiling, overhangs and walls.
Interior Features of the Townes of Shirlington:
- Entry marble foyer
- 8.5 – 9 foot ceilings
- Wall to wall carpeting for bedrooms
- Hardwood flooring for the main level, hallways and stairs
- 6 panel doors with brass hardware
- Security system
- Pre-wired for Verizon FIOS
- Walk in closets
- Maple cabinetry for kitchens
- Kitchen granite countertops
- Stainless steel under mount with a single sink
- GE stainless steel appliances – side by side refrigerator(with ice maker and water dispenser) and dishwasher.
- Recessed lighting
- Ceramic bathroom tile flooring and tub with shower surround
- Kohler plumbing fixtures
- Soaking tubs for master bathrooms
- Marble floors with pedestal sink for powder rooms
The Townes of Shirlington is equipped with a fire safety sprinkler system and secure enclosed parking including 2 assigned parking spaces per home.
As each floorplan – Davenport, Kingsbury and Westridge are different in design, certain amenities may and may not be found in other floor plans, such as a recreation room is offered for Davenport alone and Kingsbury and Westridge offers a separate shower and tub in the master bathrooms.
Schools Serving The Townes of Shirlington:
- Drew Model Elementary School
- Charles Barrett Elementary School
- Oakridge Elementary School
- Gunston Middle School
- Jefferson Middle School
- Wakefield High School
- T.C. Williams High School
Places accessible from The Townes of Shirlington:
- Downtown Washington D.C
- The Pentagon
- Reagan National Airport
- Pentagon Row
- Crystal City
- Four Mile Run Dog Park
- The Village at Shirlington
- The Fashion Centre at Pentagon City
- Barcroft Sports and Recreation Center
- Classika Theatre
- Signature Theatre
No properties found.
For more information or to set up an appointment call Stuart at (703)765-0300.
If you’re thinking of hiring a builder for custom work, here are some points to consider:
- Hire a good real estate attorney who has experience with new-construction contracts, knows state law, and is familiar with the issues unique to the area in which the property will be built.
- Talk to other customers. Ask how satisfied they are with the builder and how his projects have held up over time.
- Investigate. Search the builder’s name and company online and make sure that there aren’t lots of complaints about him.
- Expect him to negotiate. In this market, a potential customer should be able to expect that a builder will be flexible.
Housing starts surged in February as well as future permits for future construction to the highest levels since 2008 — a sign that the new-home market is picking up steam just in time for the spring buying season, the Commerce Department reported Tuesday.
Overall housing starts rose 0.8 percent in February to a 917,000 annual rate. Single-family housing starts, which make up the biggest bulk of that total, reached their highest level since June 2008. Meanwhile, multifamily starts rose 1.4 percent in February to 299,000 units.
“Demand for new homes and apartments is definitely rising as the spring buying season approaches and more young people move out on their own,” said Rick Judson, chairman of the National Association of Home Builders. “Builders are responding to this improved demand by putting more crews back to work and pulling more permits for future construction, though this positive activity is being constrained by continuing issues with appraisals and credit availability for both builders and buyers, and also by newly arising challenges such as lot shortages and increased costs for labor and materials.”
While housing starts have shown a big improvement in the past year, economists say that homebuilding is still less than half of what it was during its prerecession peak and is near levels in the early 1990s.
Source: National Association of Home Builders and “Housing Starts at Highest Level Since 2008,” Reuters (March 19, 2013)
Are you looking for a new condo or a newly built home? The on-site staff works for the builder. Our brokerage represents the buyer's interests and doesn't work for the builder. Start your search here to see our suggestions.
Nesbitt Realty doesn't work for the builder. We work for you and we'll help you find the best new home for you. Best of all there is no charge to the buyer for our services!
Much of the Mount Vernon District of Fairfax County was developed by the middle of the last century, but if you know where to look builders continue to build new homes.