These tips for home sellers in 22307 are effective across Northern Virginia. Whether you’re in Bucknell Manor, River Towers, Belle View or Belle Haven, when potential buyers step into your house, they want to see a clean, neat and attractively decorated house. What buyers do not want is a home that is so overly decorated they can’t imagine their own furniture and possessions in the house. Home buyers are not impressed with
- Too many shelves — This can say that the home doesn’t have enough room.
- Tables with knickknacks — Sellers want buyers to look at the home, not the knickknacks.
- Family pictures at every turn — Pictures can tempt the buyer to figure out who the seller is instead of how the home might work for them.
- Too many overstuffed sofas piled with pillows — Many of the older homes in 22307 are a smaller scale than buyers from other parts of the country might be accustomed to.
- Toys — This includes grown men toys. (One home we showed had a motorcycle in the living room.)
- Anything that hides the architectural and structural features of a home.
Here are a few tips on keeping a minimalist approach to your home decorating in 22307.Continue reading