We can list your Centreville property to help you achieve your real estate goals.
The best way to update a property is to paint it. It’s a job that many sellers can do themselves.
Here are six suggestions for making the work go quickly.
- Move the furniture. Get as much furniture as possible out of the way, and then cover what’s left with plastic drop cloths held in place with masking tape.
- Buy good paint. Top-quality latex interior paint will hide what’s underneath and make the job go faster.
- Tape the edges. Taping the edges with painters tape will speed up the job and make the results more professional.
- Work top down. Paint the ceiling first, then the walls, then the windows and trim and finally the baseboards. This will cut down on time spent repairing drips and splatter marks.
- Cut in the corners. Applying a three-inch band of paint around the edges will allow you to fill in the middle with a paint roller.
- Apply paint generously. Trying to stretch the paint won’t save sellers any money if they have to repaint.
Source: Paint Quality Institute (09/21/2010)
We have offices in Alexandria, Ballston, Reston and Mclean. Feel free to call us at (703)765-0300 for more information.
Contact us for an accurate assessment of your property values in Centreville.
We love helping clients and appreciate the opportunity to serve! Call us at (703)765-0300 or email us using this form.