Managing your real estate investment
You get the cash flow. We get the work.
Your investment in real estate is a business like any other. As a landlord, you have expenses, income and with perseverance, you also have the expectation of financial reward.
In the business of real estate investment, nearly all cashflow comes from tenants. And that’s the catch: If you have tenants, you will have problems. Even the best of tenants have needs and all properties will require maintenance or management at some point. A property management company takes all the hassle out of rental management.
A good renter will respect your property and pay timely rent. A bad renter can damage or destroy your property. The worst of all renters damages your property and does not pay any rent at all. Life’s too short to deal with bad renters.
At Nesbitt Realty, we’ll find the best quality renter for your property. We carefully screen tenants to give the highest possible chance for success. Once the tenant is in place we fairly enforce the terms of the lease so that the tenant knows our expectations.
Once the property is leased, we’ll do the administration and handle the details of managing the property. We’ll maintain your good name and foster good relations between you and the tenant, but we will set clear boundaries so that your renter understands his rights and duties as a tenant.
Call us now to discuss how Nesbitt Realty can serve your needs: 703 765 0300.
Questions to Ask Your Property Manager
What your property manager should know …
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, then you should definitely contact us to find out more about our property management services.
- What is the proper procedure for filing a notice to pay rent?
- What notices can permissibly be served to a tenant under the terms of a lease?
- What important legislation is looming on the horizon regarding debt collection?
- By law, what is the maximum security deposit you can collect in Virginia?
- What rights do you have (or not have) regarding pets on your property?
- What amenities are included (or not included) with your property?
- What are the latest fair credit reporting rules and requirements?
- What are the Federal and/or State laws that govern fair housing?
- What questions are you NOT allowed to ask on an application?
- What laws apply to abandoned personal property left behind by a tenant?
What makes Nesbitt Realty different from the rest?
First and foremost we are a family-business, locally-owned, locally operated. We personally know each one of our clients, renters and landlords alike. As a small business we care for and appreciate each and every client. We survive by word-of-mouth and for this reason our reputation is extremely valuable to us.
Angie’s List rates our company as one of the best property management firms in Northern Virginia.
Unlike some sites where reviews are posted, Angie’s List member PAY to join the site and PAY for the opportunity to review providers. This means that the reviews can be trusted because the reviews are 100% authentic. People who take the time to compare our services find that we stand out for two reasons:
1. Service — What do we do different? We do little things, like answer the phone. When there is an emergency, landlords and tenants want to know that they won’t get a voice prompt: they’ll get a real human being answering a the call. On those rare occasions when a client leaves a voicemail, we call back quickly. We always try hard to do a little more than what is promised. We process rent payments very quickly and we do our best to keep expenditures low while keeping your property in good condition. Lastly, we divide up the work “family-style” with many people doing what they do best, rather than one person acting as your “account representative”.
2. Price — Many people tell us that our prices are better than the competition. No one ever tells us that we are more expensive than the competition.
Nesbitt Realty offers an unbeatable combination of the highest possible service at a low price.
Call us today at 703 765 0300 to learn more.
Tips for Landlords
- Learn more about living in Alexandria VA.
- Tenant Duties and Landlord Remedies
- Why Hire Nesbitt Realty as Your Property Manager?
- What do property managers and leasing agents do?
- What your property manager should know ...
- Five Home Renovations That Can Deter Potential Buyers
- 7 Things Your Realtor Doesn’t Want to Hear
- Carlyle Towers Market Update
- Learn more about living in Alexandria VA.
- Market Update for the Carlyle District
- Map of condos for sale at Halstead on the Metro
- Condos For Sale At The Atrium in Rosslyn VA
- 13 Compelling Features of Montebello condominiums in Alexandria VA
- 9 amenities at Hunting Creek Club near Huntington Metro in Alexandria VA