We can list your property at Falls Church to help you find the best possible tenants as quickly as possible.
Do you really need a property manager?
Although hiring a property management company has many advantages, there is an expense associated with hiring a property manager. In addition to the cost of property management, there are other reasons why property management might not be for you. Consider the following factors to determine if hiring a property management company would be a good decision for your property.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Will you live and work near your rental property? Northern Virginia is a very transient area. We have more than our share of military, diplomats, State Department, political appointees and academia. If you’re getting transferred across the country or around the world, it might be a good idea to let a professional manage your rental. Even simple tasks can get complicated very quickly when you aren’t around to manage the details.
- Do you want to handle the details of property management? Some landlords look forward to the challenge of finding good tenants. Some landlords find that maintaining a property and managing details is rewarding and enjoy taking late night calls. On the other hand, if you think rental property ownership is a chore and want little or nothing to do with the day-to-day management of your properties, you should probably consider hiring help to manage your property.
- How busy are you? Even if you find hands-on management rewarding, you may not have much time to devote to your property management business. If you’ve already got a full-plate, then the last thing you need is more to worry about, thus hiring a management company may be a good way to spend your money.
- Can you afford the cost? Let’s face it. Hiring a property management company is much more attractive option if you can afford it. If monthly cash-flow is not an issue, you’ll likely save money by paying a property manager and writing off the expense. But if at the end of every month cash is tight, you might not want to hire a property manager.
- Can you afford the risk? Do you understand the Virginia Residential Landlord Tenant Act? Do you know the tenant’s rights? Do you know your responsibilities? The more you know about property management in today’s litigious culture the more you’ll understand the value of having a professional in your corner.
- Do you have access to a network of maintenance people? All properties require maintenance. When your tenant calls you in need of repair will you know who to call and what to do in a timely fashion? If not, yo might want to consider hiring a property manager.
Nesbitt Realty has received numerous awards and recognitions for client satisfaction because we get results that make our clients happy.
We have offices in Alexandria, Ballston, Reston and Mclean. Feel free to call us at (703)765-0300 for more information.
Contact us for an accurate assessment of your property values in Falls Church
We love helping clients and appreciate the opportunity to serve! Call us at (703)765-0300 or email us using this form.