Are you looking for a home in the suburbs of our national capital? Northern Virginia is a great place to find the All-American suburban home. You might be surprised by some of our suggestions.
This section focuses on homes just outside the Beltway or in neighborhoods with primarily single-family detached homes.
Northern SuburbsNorthern Fairfax County– Centerville, Chantilly, Fair Lakes, Oakton, Mclean, Tysons Corner are all located north of Interstate 66 Learn more about:
Central SuburbsCentral Fairfax County– Between I-66 and I-95 in places like Fairfax, Falls Church, Burke, Clifton, Fairfax Station.
Southern SuburbsSouthern Fairfax County– From the Mixing Bowl (I-495 / I-95 exchange) around to the Potomac, you’ll find Alexandria, Springfield, Franconia, Mount Vernon and Fort Hunt. Check our guide to learn more about:
- Mount Vernon --- Mount Vernon & Fort Hunt offer quiet homes along the Potomac
- Springfield --- Reasonable commutes with reasonably prices homes
- Fairfax --- An independent city at the center of Fairfax Co.
Fairfax County is one of the largest counties in Virginia and one of the most prosperous counties in the nation. Much of the Capital Beltway lies in Fairfax County, but most of Fairfax County is just outside the Beltway. Fairfax County ranges widely in price, density and accessibility.
More about Fairfax County VAFairfax County surrounds the City of Fairfax and borders Alexandria, Arlington and Falls Church. Fairfax County ranges from urban to suburban, with homes to suit almost every taste and budget. Because Fairfax County is so large our Guide arbitrarily divides Fairfax County into three parts:
- Northern Fairfax County (that part of Fairfax County north of I-66);
- Southern Fairfax County (Fairfax County south of I-95) and;
- Central Fairfax County (Fairfax County between I-66 and I-95).
- Centreville -- Well-served by parks for youth league sports
- Chantilly -- Single-family homes and townhouses not far from Dulles Airport
- Fairfax Station -- Large lots with plenty of privacy
- Fort Hunt -- Clean streets and strong community spirit
- Franconia -- Kingstowne is one of the areas largest planned communities
- Lorton -- Easy access to Fort Belvoir
- Mount Vernon -- A historic location with river access
- Waynewood -- A pleasant community
- Woodbridge -- A little more commute but a lot more home
Contact an Agent / Request More Information
Would you like a real estate agent to answer a question or provide more information?