high-rise condos backing to a National Wildlife Preserve
This guide to River Towers is brought to you by a family-brokerage that lives and works in and around River Towers.
River Towers is a high-rise condominium community located in Fairfax County near the Potomac River and Fort Hunt Road at Belle View Boulevard.
If River Towers isn’t your cup of tea you’ll want to check out these other valuable condominium resources.| Garden-Style Condos in Northern VA | Mid-Rise Condos in Northern VA | High-Rise Condos in Northern VA | Live near the Metro in Northern VA |
River Towers is a beautiful condominium community located just blocks from the GW Parkway. River Towers is a green and serene oasis unique in Northern Virginia. The building is surrounded by 27 acres of woods and wetlands! The heart of the Old Town shopping district is just 3 minutes away. 3 minutes in the opposite direction is suburbia: Lowes, Target, Marshall’s, Chili’s, T.G.I. Fridays. Traffic in the area is relatively free from congestion. This is truly unique in Northern Virginia. You can have it all.
- Excellent views of either the Potomac or Alexandria
- Many with updated kitchen & cabinetry
- All utilities are included (except phone & cable)
- Association offers an in-house repair program – very convenient and only $15 per hour.
- Handicapped accessible.
- Small pets (under 35 pounds) welcome.
- Located on 27 acres, some of which include a federally protected wildlife preserve.
- Grounds are landscaped and well-maintained.
- Large pool, 2 tennis courts, a basketball court, and a very large picnic area with grills and a playground.
- Boat storage and a kayak rack on site.
- Parking is free and plentiful.
River Towers Lifescape
- Hidden on a Cul-de-Sac — There is no “cut-thru” traffic. Most locals are barely aware of River Towers.
- Beautiful Grounds — The well tended grounds boast year-round sites and colors.
- Canal — Meandering around River Towers, quaint bridges mark wonderful places to chat with neighbors, or just enjoy the scenery.
- Clubhouse — Enjoy swimming, work-outs, and other activities on the private outside pool.
- Marina — Community boat slips are available at the Marina.
- Gardens — Every resident can have his/her own private garden to raise tomatoes, flowers or whatever your heart may fancy.
- Roof Deck Overlook — A perfect place to watch the sun rise or set.
- Walking trails — Take an afternoon stroll along the community’s perimeter or venture along the nearby park trails.
Gallery of River Towers
River Towers Neighbors
River Towers is located next door to Belle View condominiums. Belle View condos are brick garden-style condos with a great neighborhood (like River Towers). Nearby condo shoppers might want to check out Montebello, Midtowns or one of the other communities near the Huntington Metro. If you’re looking for a home or townhouse in this area Bucknell Manor is a great little neighborhood in this zip code. If you’re looking for something a little more upscale Belle Haven has many choices. If you’re looking for real estate along Fort Hunt Road and in the Fort Hunt area, Fort Hunt Info is a great place to start.
River Towers CondosAlexandria VA in Fairfax County VA
Map Tools & Tips
Hover over any real estate peg to learn more information about the property. Click on a property to see full real estate details, more pictures and information. Call 703 765 0300 if you have questions about this or any real estate for sale in Northern Virginia.
Other Map ToolsYou can alter the map's basic search criteria to build your own search if you click on any of the properties. Or check out one of these areas:
For facilities management and insurance questions please contact the Condominium Association management office.
River Towers Condo Office
6631 Wakefield Dr.
Alexandria VA 22307
703 768 3800
Mon. through Friday — 7 am to 9 pm
Saturday — 10 am to 6 pm
Sundays & Holidays — Closed
Condos for Sale at River Towers
$309,000 : 6621 WAKEFIELD DR, Unit 202, Alexandria3 beds, 2 full baths
$189,000 : 6641 WAKEFIELD DR, Unit 215, Alexandria1 bed, 1 full bath
$190,000 : 6641 WAKEFIELD DR, Unit 715, Alexandria1 bed, 1 full bath
$225,000 : 6631 WAKEFIELD DR, Unit 517, Alexandria2 beds, 1 full, 1 part baths
$185,000 : 6631 WAKEFIELD DR, Unit 906, Alexandria1 bed, 1 full bath
See all River Towers.
(all data current as of 5/30/2015)
Listing information deemed reliable but not guaranteed. Read full disclaimer.
Why bicyclists love River TowersRiver Towers location near the George Washington Parkway and the Potomac River provides nearby residents with accessible bike trails, hiking trails and jogging and nearby paths closed to motor vehicles. The Mount Vernon Trail follows the river from Mount Vernon at 5 miles south of River Towers to National Airport at 5 miles north of […]
15 Features for River Towers condominium residentsEasy commute Outdoor Pool Exercise facilities Access to Dyke Marsh Walking and Jogging Paths Nearby marina with Boat Slips (boat storage available on site) Private Garden Plots Proximity to shops and services Playground facility Doctor’s office onsite with nearby dental care and hospital Near Old Town fun, food and shops Walk to Martha Washington Library […]
8 features residents love about River Towers in Alexandria VAHidden on a Cul-de-Sac — There is no “cut-thru” traffic. Most locals are barely aware of River Towers. Beautiful Grounds — The well tended grounds boast year-round sites and colors. Canal — Meandering around River Towers, quaint bridges mark wonderful places to chat with neighbors, or just enjoy the scenery. Clubhouse — Enjoy swimming, work-outs, […]
Benefits of living and around New Alexandria in Fairfax County VAQuiet & serene – 2 miles south of Old Town Alexandria just off the George Washington parkway. 2 miles to Huntington Metro Station (Yellow Line). Metro bus stops on condo grounds every 10 minutes during rush hour. Walking distance to the following: – Potomac River & GW Parkway bike trail – 5 blocks – Belle […]
What’s the commute like from River Towers condos?River Towers is served by a well developed road system near US Rt. 1, I-495, the Woodrow Wilson Bridge, and the George Washington Parkway. Because most of the homes around the area were built more than 40 years ago and because there is minimal opportunity or cause for cut-through traffic, the surrounding area is relatively […]